For some, true freedom is defined as being “able to do what you want, when, with whomsoever, wherever and however you want”. Others described it as ‘being able to wake up when you finished sleeping!”. The most common road taken to such freedoms as described above is by becoming a sole proprietor.
There are generally four major benefits of being a sole proprietor. They mostly explain why anyone would want to face the risk and frustration of owning a business. Starting a new business involves investing in substantial resources, chief of which is money. The initial learning curve is steep, many things can go wrong and a new business owner has to learn things fast to avoid failure.
So what are the benefits of owing a business, to make all the frustrations and risks worth taking? Often, the best reason is being able to explore your true passion. (As opposed to dragging yourself everyday to a dead-end job) It may seem silly but sometimes this motivation alone would motivate a person to persist against great odds, when others give up, in the pursuit of his goals.
Secondly, being your own boss is a very great incentive to start an enterprise. This is particularly if you are a self-reliant and independent person. To you, life is a risk and a business is no different. Thus ‘calling your own shots’ is very important and being a sole proprietor allows this.
Off course, if your business is successful, you would earn uncommonly more money than most. This would allow you to live a lifestyle associated with material wealth and success. Successful people are admired for their lifestyles; this reason, by itself, gives enough incentives for anyone to own a business.
However, you will make a lot of money and know how to turn them into solid assets, then your life of never having to worry about money i.e. financial freedom is achieved. Now, your assets would work for you; making you all the money you need. This picture of money and time freedom would drive most men to take the risk of starting a new business.
HIGHLIGHTS ON THE BENEFITS OF OWNING A BUSINESS
1. You can choose your own schedule.
2. You are free to travel.
3. You can take sick days or vacation days whenever you need them.
4. If there are necessary tasks you don’t enjoy or have time for, you can outsource them.
5. You can select your own employees.
6. Learning to be a better boss also teaches you to be a better employee.
7. Your innovative ideas have a chance to shine unfettered.
8. You do not have to wear a uniform or follow a company dress code.
9. You enjoy better job security than most people.
10. Owing a business teaches you the benefits of hard work.
11. You can always feed your curiosity by learning more about every aspect of your business.
12. Your ambition can always drive you to greater heights and business success.
As you can see, owing a business is becoming popular because it comes with a whole new lifestyle for those who are willing to seize it.
Lastly, why not become a part of a recession-resistant, highly stable industry?
So long as there are offices, banks, commercial buildings, industrial facilities, shopping centres and medical centers there will be a need for commercial cleaning franchise, no matter what’s happening in the financial markets.